Having a painting on the exterior of the house can add to the aesthetic value of the house, so it looks more beautiful and happy when you see it. Well, if you need painters woodstock ga, we can serve you http://www.onemanandabrush.com. Previously, here are five important things to consider before painting your own home’s exterior.
1. Proper preparation is a major cause of paint failure and/or reduces life completion. Surface preparation can take as little as a few hours, whereas some require days to finish correctly. For some, it takes time and knowledge needed for this step is all they have to hear before calling us in, but not for everyone. Others who complete their projects are happy with the results for the first few years or so after painting.
2. The height of your house can be a little deceptive from the ground and don’t forget about trying to place the stairs on the roof of the garage to paint the second side of the story. Adequate equipment such as correct stairs and levelling tools necessary to safely carry out preparations and high paintings reaching the area can be very expensive. Aside from these costs, if you have a fear of heights, painting a two-story house might not be the best choice you made.
3. This paint does not always paint as some might say. Using good quality paint is very important for several reasons, but let’s look at two of the most important for our current and past clients. First and foremost, using high-grade paint versus low-grade paint will increase the time between painting your house, saving time and money in the future. Second, and perhaps equally important for many DIY home painters, higher grade paints provide better coverage per coat reducing the time needed to apply additional material to painted surfaces. Time and money always seem to come to these two things.
4. Don’t forget the physical aspects of the type of project. Applying paint on the exterior of your home can be hard on your body. 100% of all houses to be painted will require physical activity. 100% of this house will take a long time on the stairs. While you may be in large, repetitive nature, painting, stretching and climbing up & downstairs will take its toll on you physically. Be honest with yourself when considering your physical fitness level before committing yourself to complete a large project on your own.
6. If you have like most do, decide on a colour other than what the manufacturer puts in the can initially, it’s not suitable! Purchase several empty 5-gallon buckets and “box” materials together to ensure the paint will all fit once applied to the surface. The “Boxing” paint is to mix it all. Pour a gallon into one gallon of five buckets and then from five to five until all the paint has been thoroughly mixed. This will combine a little colour variation from the can and produce a more uniform colour for the coat finish.
Now, that is some tips for home exterior painting tips. We provide painters woodstock ga, if you need, please contact us via our website.